Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Another update from Willow, GWW Private Pilot Scholarship Winner!

This is the second journal entry provided to us by Willow Seward, who was selected for a Private Pilot Scholarship from Girls With Wings. The Girls With Wings 2014 Scholarship Program includes the Private Pilot Scholarship, to help defray the cost of flight training lessons in pursuit of a private pilot certificate. This scholarship targets those individuals who have soloed but have not completed the Private Pilot Course.  The Private Pilot Scholarship is in the amount of $1000.00, funded by the generous donations from supporters of Girls With Wings, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Willow's application essay is published here and first essay here.

Sometimes it is hard to believe, that I am a pilot. It has been 40 days since I flew my check ride that earned me the private pilot title. The trill and excitement has not stopped, but the anticipation grows as I patiently wait for the certificate to arrive. The mailman is now to the point that he just puts his hands up in the air with a look of disappointment every time he sees me run towards him. But any day that gesture is about to change. 

Aside from waiting patiently for the certificate to arrive, I have been very busy planning my next steps. Where am I going to go? I often catch myself day dreaming of the endless possibilities that lie ahead. The excitement is overwhelming and my feelings are difficult to explain as they are like nothing I have ever felt before. My life is completely changing. As I start the next chapter, flight is the focus. I start school at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, AZ the last week of August. In the past few weeks I have been planning and registering for classes. Instrument is the next hurdle, and I am ready for it! 
 
I am excited for the future. I am excited to make a difference. I am excited to share my dream with so many people.

Essays about flight training from the other awardees will be published here as they are received.

No comments:

Post a Comment